Thursday, March 04, 2010

Is Your Thinking Only Habit Driven?

Your Thoughts Are Either
Boosting Positive Results
Or Sabotaging You
.

Do you simply allow your mind to habitually lead you throughout your daily life? Or, are you consciously present in your thinking and self-talk? Take a look at how your thought processes can impact the results you experience. You may be sabotaging your potential success.
.Do you know that every cell in your body is affected by every thought you have and by every word you say to yourself?.
You have a choice as to what you think and the results you want to accomplish by your thoughts and self-talk. But, because we tend to rely on old patterns of thought (habits), it is easy to sabotage the outcomes we would prefer to experience. In other words, what you think and how you process your thinking may not always work in your best interest.
.
For example, ask yourself these revealing questions:
.Do I mentally berate myself when I make a mistake?
.Do I accept what I say when it is negative?
.Do I really know when my outlook needs a tune up?
.Do I skip the solution when I suspect a problem?
.Do I identify why an idea can't work before I recognize why it can?
.Do I struggle through projects when others breeze through them?
.Do I disparage or discredit my feelings?
.Do I attempt positive, action-oriented goals, yet they evaporate?
.Do I know how to effectively implement positive, lasting change?
.
Whether or not the thinking or self-talk you engage in is good or bad, it impacts what you believe, the attitudes and feelings you hold, the actions you take, and the results you produce.
.
When you consider well the thoughts you choose to engage in, you then implement a constructive approach toward the outcome you will experience.
.
This conscious thought process can be one of the strongest, most effective components you can implement for personal growth and self-management.
.
David Schaefer is an entrepreneur and writes on the topics of personal development. Follow David's insights at http://twitter.com/davidschaefer
.

Labels: , , , , , ,